× Welcome to the our forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Non Risponde alle mail

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #22 by jindrich
Replied by jindrich on topic Non Risponde alle mail
Attilio,

the dimensions of motor cowl are approximately 360x360x380 mm. To mill it from the foam it has been divided to 8 multiple layers with 50 mm thickness each. These layers have been milled separately and then they have been glued together. You can see it on the video here

Please note that the length of the milling tool used has to be slightly more than 50 mm in order to mill 50 mm thick layer of foam. It means that the distance that Z axis of your milling machine must travel has to be more or equal to 50 (layer thickness) + 50 (tool length) + 5 (safe distance above the top of the milled foam layer) = 105 mm. Please check if the Z axis travel distance of your milling machine meets this requirement. I assume the size of your table is bigger than 360x380 mm.

Correction: the maximum travel distance of Z axis has to be actually only 50 + 5 = 55 mm, assuming you have additional free space of 50 mm between the spindle and the top of the foam when the Z axis is at the highest position.

I've used a home made milling machine built per Joe's CNC plans, see www.joescnc.com/album/Joe%27s%2006%20Machines/index.html for more information. It's Mach3 controlled. I could possibly generate the G-Codes for you. That would be 10 files (8 layers of motor cowl and left plus right half of the wheel pant). However, this could turn in a lengthy process as I don't know your exact Mach3 setup. To do so, I'd need to know at least what tool diameter you are going to use. If I remember correctly I've used 8 mm diameter. The foam is easy to shape manually so there is no real need for finishing the surface, roughing is sufficient.

I'm not sure what CAM are you using to generate the tool paths. I believe most of different CAMs support the import of .STL files. There are many CAM packages that can be used, many people use for example Artcam. I've found a nice example of how to convert an existing 3D model to G-code here

In this example a model created in Rhino was used, but STL file would work in exactly the same way.

My paypal email is in my previous response at the end, just replace the "at" and "dot" with "@" and ".". Thank you.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by jindrich.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• attilio
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #23 by attilio
Replied by attilio on topic Non Risponde alle mail
hallo i have paied at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. you are received the payement ?

More
6 years 7 months ago #24 by jindrich
Attilio, my email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - see below henry at jmuska dot com.

More
6 years 7 months ago #25 by jindrich
Attilio, your payment has been received and your subscription upgraded to Manufacturer.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds